Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

More inspiration from Radical Careering

Radical Truth 38:  You Can Only Control How Hard You Try

"What you are 100% in charge of is how much heart you put into something.  At the end of the day, that's all that matters, because that's within your power."

This keeps the leap in my librarian....I really try to get focused on putting my heart into what I am doing.  Even when it's trying to go through all of the damaged books on my desk (not my favorite thing....shh..don't tell anyone).  Today a book came back to us that was just the ticket for a display I have going on and because I am more focused on "putting my heart" into things, it made me happy.

This brings me to another book recommendation:  The Four Agreements.  Click here for a link to the author's web site

One of the four agreements is:  Do your best.  Every day, every minute, do your best.  No matter what it is that you are doing.  Whether you are getting dressed, looking for a job, helping your customers (that includes your colleagues!), do your best.  This can really be helpful!





No comments:

Post a Comment