Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

The name, please

I find that there are times when I can't get the answer that the customer is looking for right away.  It is always, always helpful to take his or her name and phone number.   This way, I can tap into the wealth of knowledge that my colleagues, our databases, and, sometimes a good night's sleep can provide.  It is suprising how effective it can be to simply get the information and assure the customer that you will do everything you can to get that answer. 

Just the other day, this helpful step allowed me to email some very good articles to someone from our Credo Reference database.  We had found some books on the topic (Paris and Prague in the Sixties), but the articles were really "right on the money".







No comments:

Post a Comment