Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Interesting take on the kindle

The library where I am currently employed has a terrific large print collection.  The woman who does the ordering has definitely got her finger on the pulse of what people are looking for.  Still, yesterday, when I was in the dentist's chair having my teeth cleaned, x-rayed and generally examined, the hygienist told me something interesting.  Of course, I could not respond as I had a mouthful of metallic tools.

Apparently her daughter has some difficulties with her eyesight.  She has not really been able to read much until she got the kindle.  Because of the low glare and the ability to adjust the type to a comfortable size, she is able to go back to her first love, reading.

Now that is a nice thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment